Menopause Guardian is an all-natural menopause supplement formulated to give most women hot flashes relief, prevent night sweats and other comfort-related benefits relief from perimenopausal, menopausal and post-menopausal symptoms without side-effects.
The formulation of soy, red clover and pueraria root isoflavones and Black Cohosh in this menopause supplement is designed around symptoms such as decreased libido, vaginal dryness and mood changes. The formulation also includes ingredients for hot flashes relief, and to prevent night sweats.∗
Women who reach menopause generally have lower levels of estrogen. Because of that, their vaginal and uterine tissues undergo changes in structure and activity. Those women also experience what are called hot flashes, whose symptoms include palpitations and perspiration. The reasons are not fully known. It has been thought that endorphin concentrations in the hypothalamus decrease with estrogen levels. The female body responds to that change by releasing heat on an erratic schedule. (1)
Doctors have prescribed estrogen to provide hot flashes relief, prevent night sweats, and other menopausal symptoms as part of hormone replacement therapy, or HRT. In recent years, a number of clinical studies were brought the HRT portion to an early end because of health issues in women taking the combination of mammalian estrogen and progestin for longer than four years. (1)
Those therapies were prescribed for hot flashes relief and to prevent night sweats. The controversy stemmed over whether HRT increases the risk of heart attack, stroke and breast cancer. This menopause supplement is a safe and effective alternative to HRT. Menopause Guardian contains none of the compounds being tested in those studies or being prescribed by doctors.
For good health, to provide hot flashes relief and to prevent night sweats, this menopause supplement includes:
- Soy Isoflavones: Soy provides the richest source of isoflavones, which are organic compounds. The two active types of isoflavones found in soy are daidzein and genistein. They are included to help maintain balanced hormonal levels. There has been some evidence that isoflavones provide hot flashes relief and to prevent night sweats. (2) The two forms of isoflavones also support the cardiovascular and immune systems and help to maintain bone health.∗
- Black Cohosh: A member of the buttercup flower family, it grows naturally in North America. Black cohosh is also known by black snakeroot, bugwort and other names. The herb has been used by native North Americans for a variety of discomforts. Black cohosh became a home remedy. (3) In modern times, small-scale studies have found that some postmenopausal women who took black cohosh experienced hot flashes relief.∗ For that reason, the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine at the National Institutes of Health funded a scientific study to determine whether treatment with the ingredient in this menopause supplement provides hot flashes relief and reduces other menopausal symptoms. (3)
- Calcium: In combination with isoflavones, this menopause supplement contains calcium. It is needed because the body is constantly breaking down and rebuilding bone. Adult women through age 50 need 1,000 mg of calcium each day. That figure rises to 1,200 mg at age 51. (4) Menopause often leads to increases in bone loss, with the most rapid rates of bone loss occurring during last years of this transition and the first several years of postmenopause. (5) Foods rich in calcium can help offset some of that bone loss, but some people are lactose-intolerant, meaning they cannot eat the dairy products. This menopause supplement provides the needed mineral in a form – calcium carbonate — that is better absorbed at meals than other forms of calcium. Calcium is also known to support the proper function of nerves and muscles.∗ This supplement for hot flashes relief delivers 700 mg of the mineral in a daily dosage.
- Magnesium – Another essential component of bone health, magnesium converts Vitamin D to its active form. The mineral in this menopause supplement is involved in calcium homeostasis and the formation of hydroxylapatite, which makes up about 70% of bone. Magnesium also helps build strong bones by converting Vitamin D to its active form and setting in motion key enzymes that stimulate bone cells. The mineral also contributes to calcium absorption. A daily dosage of magnesium in this supplement, which is designed for hot flashes relief and to prevent night sweat, contains 75% of the daily value. As an added benefit, magnesium supports immune system health.∗
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) and Vitamin B-6: Both are vital as building blocks for hormones and are necessary to maintain a normal hormonal balance.∗ Research has shown that too much homocysteine in the blood may be detrimental to good health. Pantothenic Acid plays a role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. (6) Pantothenic Acid and Vitamin B-6 are not stored to any appreciable extent, and so taking this supplement for hot flashes relief every day replenishes these essential ingredients. The need for Vitamin B-6 in this menopause supplement increases with age, rising to 1.5 mg per day for females 51 years and from 1.3 mg for younger adult women. (7) This supplement provides 100 mg of Vitamin B-6 and 200 mg of Pantothenic Acid or Vitamin B-5.
This menopause supplement is formulated for females ages 46 and up. For hot flashes relief, to prevent night sweats and other comfort-related benefits, take 2 tablets twice daily. Each bottle contains a month’s supply of 120 tablets.∗
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.